hard reset,iphone 5,factory default settings
Hi there, iPhone 5 smartphone users, welcome to my personal blog. Here, let us share the tip of how to hard reset iPhone 5 to restore its factory default settings and data. Please note that the hard reset process will delete all your data in your phone and it is unrecoverable. Make sure you have tried other solutions provided by Apple Support pages and already finished the data backup.
OK, if you know the risk and plan to hard reset iPhone 5, please view the following steps. First, let us see how to hard reset iPhone 5 via menu settings:
1. From the home screen, select Settings.
2. Select General.
3. Select Reset.
4. Select Erase All Content and Settings.
5. Select Erase iPhone.
If your iPhone 5 handset was frozen or crashed which is unable to be touched at all, you might as well try this hard reset process via hardware buttons:
1. Disconnect the USB cable from iPhone, but leave other end of USB cable connected to the computer.
2. Press the power button on iPhone for a few seconds until the slide to power off switch appears.
3. Slide the slide to power off switch right, to power off the device.
4. Press and hold the Home button then connect the iPhone to the computer via USB cable.
5. The Home button can be released when the Connect to iTunes screen appears on iPhone.
6. If iTunes does not open automatically, open the iTunes application on the computer.
7. When prompted with ‘iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode’ click OK.
8. From iTunes, click Restore.
9. Consult with your quick start guide to initiate the basic setup.
That is it. Have you successfully completed the hard reset process? If you were blocked or the hard reset process stopped with itsself, it only means the factory data reset process doesn’t complete properly, restart your iPhone 5 and follow with the steps again. It won’t delete any data.
For more tips, downloads and supports about your iPhone 5 smartphone, read these following related posts.
No Comments »
No comments yet.