Motorola Droid 2 tips & tricks,
motorola droid 2 tips & tricks, Motorola Droid 2 tips extending battery
When it comes to a new cellphone, easily, users may pay particular attention to their devices’ battery life. What can we do to extend our cellphone battery life so that we might have more conveniences? How about your mind? Do you have any ideas about how to extend the battery life of Verizon Motorola Droid 2? Yes, we have. Check it out.
Motorola Droid 2 tips & tricks-extending battery:
Things you should know about charging your battery.
New batteries are not fully charged. Plug the battery charger into your phone and an electrical outlet. Your phone might take several seconds to start charging the battery.
- The battery charger shipped with this device is a high rate charger specifically designed for your DROID 2.
- Other chargers might take longer to charge your battery, cause your calls to fail during charging, or cause your phone to continuously power cycle.
- You can charge your phone via USB cable but this charging time will vary based on computer specifications.
- If battery is low, your phone will not immediately power up when you connect it to a computer via USB. Depending on how low the battery is, it may take up to 30 minutes for the phone to get enough power to powerup.
- Some Marketplace applications can drain battery unexpectedly with data requests and processes running in the background. Deleting widgets alone for these applications will not stop the application from pulling the data; the application iteself must be uninstalled or killed temporarily with a Task Manager or App Killer.
There are two built in tools to assist you in optimizing battery life.
1. Power control widget
The Power Control Widget gives you a quick snapshot of some of the tools that may be draining your battery. The widget can turn off / on several features: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Location (GPS), Synchronization, and also adjust Display brightness
To add the Power control widget:
From the home screen, touch Menu > (+)Add > Android Widgets > Power Control
2. Battery Manager Feature
The Battery Manager feature provides you with a real time view of what features or applications are using the highest percentage of your battery. It can also be used to select an automatic or manually-selected battery saving profile.
To access Battery Manager:
From the home screen, touch Menu > Settings > Battery Manager
- Battery Profile: 3 automatic profiles – Performance (highest user of battery power), Smart (medium setting), and Battery Saver Mode (uses least amount of battery power)
- Battery Profile Options: Manually select certain options to reduce battery usage.
- Battery Use: provides current view of what features or applications are using the highest percentage of your battery
Motorola Droid 2 tips & tricks-to extend battery life:
- Select a shorter backlight duration
- Lower the display brightness
- Use the AC adapter to charge your phone whenever possible
- Turn Bluetooth off when not in use
- Turn Wi-Fi off when not in use
- Certain applications may be drawing excessive battery power. If you are experiencing shorter battery life after downloading an application try uninstalling the application.
- Close any third party applications running in the background
- Playing music, videos and viewing images in your phone will affect your battery life.
Motorola Droid 2 tips & tricks-General Battery use & safety
- Motorola recommends you always use Motorola-branded batteries and chargers. The warranty does not cover damage caused by non-Motorola batteries and/or chargers.Caution: Use of an unqualified battery or charger may present a risk of fire, explosion, leakage, or other hazard. Improper battery use, or use of a damaged battery, may result in a fire, explosion, or other hazard.
- Your battery can be charged without it being fully depleted, and can be charged every day if desired.
- Battery usage by children should be supervised.
- Important: Motorola mobile devices are designed to work best with qualified batteries. If you see a message on your display such as Invalid Battery, Invalid Charger or Unable to Charge, take the following steps:
- Remove the battery and inspect it to confirm that it bears a Motorola “Original Equipment” hologram;
- If there is no hologram, the battery is not a qualified battery
- If there is a hologram, replace the battery and retry charging it
- If the message remains, contact a Motorola Authorized Service Center
- New batteries or batteries stored for a long time may take more time to charge.
- Charging precautions: When charging your battery, keep it near room temperature. Never expose batteries to temperatures below 0°C (32°F) or above 45°C (113°F) when charging. Always take your mobile device with you when you leave your vehicle
- When storing your battery, keep it in a cool, dry place.
- It is normal over time for battery life to decrease, and for the battery to exhibit shorter runtime between charges or require more frequent or longer charging times. Motorola batteries are designed to last between 350-700 charge/discharge cycles at room temperature. This amounts to approximately a year to a year and a half of battery use for most people.
- Avoid damage to battery and mobile device. Do not disassemble, open, crush, bend, deform, puncture, shred, or submerge the battery or mobile device. Avoid dropping the battery or mobile device, especially on a hard surface. If your battery or mobile device has been subjected to such damage, take it to a local service center before using. Do not attempt to dry it with an appliance or heat source, such as a hair dryer or microwave oven.
- Use care when handling a charged battery-particularly when placing it inside a pocket, purse, or other container with metal objects. Contact with metal objects (such as jewelry, keys, beaded chains) could complete an electrical circuit (short circuit), causing the battery to become very hot, which could cause damage or injury.
Ok, that’s the Motorola Droid 2 tips & tricks-extending battery for you users. If you still have many troubles about your device, let us help you.
Motorola Droid 2 photo:
- droid 2 tips
- droid 2 tips and tricks
- droid 2 battery tips
- droid 2 tricks
- droid 2 battery life tips
- droid 2 global battery
- droid 2 battery saver
- motorola droid 2 tips and tricks
- droid 2 global battery saver
- motorola droid 2 tricks
No Comments »
No comments yet.