.WMA audio file, Motorola XOOM, not play
Some guys were complaining about their new Motorola XOOM table can not play .WMA audio file. At first, we were in doubt about this. Finally, we found it true that the .WMA audio file can not be played or showed on the Motorola XOOM. We can say simply the Motorola XOOM can not support .WMA audio file. How can I solve it because I really want to use Motorola XOOM to play .WMA audio file? View the following words in relation to your case.
WMA files are proprietary Windows files and are not currently compatible with the Motorola XOOM. We recommend you convert your WMA files to MP3 or download third party applications from Android market that will allow you to play WMA files.
While we do not endorse or guarantee these solutions, or provide support for them, some owners have reported success using a 3rd party Android Application like “PowerAMP”. You can search the Android Market for 3rd party applications that are available that will enable you to play WMA files.
Convert WMA files using iTunes
If you have favorite audio files in the WMA format, you might consider converting them into MP3s. WMA files are proprietary Windows files and are not currently compatible with the Motorola XOOM.But MP3 files are not proprietary and do not have the same constraints. They work with most computers and players. Converting files using Apple’s free iTunes software can be accomplished in minutes.
1. Download the latest version of iTunes if you do not already have it on your computer. This is a free application that can be downloaded from here .
2. Install and set up iTunes by following all the prompts.
3. Click Edit and select Preferences > Import Settings
4. Select MP3 Encoder from the Import settings drop down and click OK
5. Click File Add File to Library and select the WMA File you wish to convert to MP3.
6. Click Open and Click Convert
7. Your WMA File will be converted to MP3
When you convert your file to MP3, iTunes will make a copy of the file and will not replace the file. Therefore, you will have two versions of the file, one that is the original WMA file and the other that is an MP3.
To transfer files from your computer to your Motorola XOOM:
From your iTunes library, ensure the file you converted is highlighted and click File and select Show in windows explorer
If you do not have any idea of how to transfer fils from/to your device, just search in this category.
Via: Motorola SupportIncoming search terms for the article:
- play wma on xoom
- how can i play window media files on the xoom tablet
- wma audio file on xoom
- how to get wma files on xoom android apps
- playing iTunes on xoom
- play wma xoom
- android tablet cannot play wma files
- playing itunes on motorola xoom
- uninstall bing app motorola citrus
- unable to ploay wma files on droid razr
No Comments »
No comments yet.